We are excited to welcome providers and clients back to Alma’s spaces on Monday, July 6th.
Our goal is to do everything we can to support your physical safety and mental wellbeing during this transition back.
We have developed our safety guidelines and policies in accordance with safety guidelines from the CDC, New York State, and New York City and look forward to working with our community to safely restart care at Alma.
This plan is based on the most current information we have and will be subject to change as we learn more. If our policies do change, we will update all providers and clients as soon as possible.
Alma locations & operating hours
Alma will be operating with limited hours:
- Open Monday through Friday from 10am–8pm
- We will be closed on Saturdays
Safety guidelines and procedures
We are committed to providing a safe workspace operated in accordance with available guidelines and best practices. To achieve this goal, we need your partnership.
What Alma is doing:
Alma will be implementing the following cleaning schedule:
- Twice daily cleanings: Our janitorial team will be onsite during the middle of the day and in the evening to provide additional cleaning support. Evening cleanings will include additional disinfection of surfaces. Alma staff will also regularly wipe down high-touched surfaces like doorknobs.
- Hand sanitizers and sanitizing wipes: Each entrance, treatment room, and waiting space will be supplied with hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes.
Alma will be implementing the following changes to the Alma space experience:
- Masks: Alma staff will wear masks at all times.
- Check-in: Sanitizing wipes will be placed by all check-in iPads and an Alma host will be available behind a plexiglass barrier to assist clients who prefer not to touch the iPads.
- Appointment confirmations: Each appointment confirmation will include a link to these guidelines for quick reference.
Alma is making the following chances to our spaces:
- Signage: Treatment rooms and waiting spaces will have signs that speak to regular hand-washing.
- Waiting room: Waiting spaces will be rearranged to comply with distancing requirements. Capacity limits will be enforced with signage as well.
- Bathrooms: We are installing touch-free soap dispensers in all sink areas.
- Beverage stations: Will be closed until further notice
- Meditation pods: Will be closed until further notice.
What building managers are doing:
- Lobbies: Congregating in lobbies will be discouraged in order to minimize contact.
- Elevators: Elevator capacity will be limited, so please be sure to allow yourself extra time.
What is expected of you:
Alma will require the following of all clients who have sessions at Alma:
- Face masks: You will be required to wear face masks in common areas at all times. Providers and their clients will be responsible for determining mask policies during sessions.
- Proper hygiene practices: Wash your hands frequently and cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home when sick: Screen yourself for COVID–19 symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, etc.) before attending a session. If you do not feel well, please stay home.
If a provider or client who has visited Alma tests positive for COVID-19, the provider is required to:
- Refrain from coming to Alma until at least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared
- Report if they or a client who was seen at Alma receives a confirmed diagnosis of COVID–19 immediately to the Alma team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies and action plan for reported COVID–19 cases
Steps Alma will take if a provider or client who received care at Alma tests positive for COVID–19:
If a provider or client who has been to Alma reports a confirmed case of COVID-19:
- Alma will ask the individual to identify all providers, employees, contractors, vendors, and others who may have been in close proximity (fewer than six feet) to them at an Alma location in the last 14 days.
- Alma will require that the affected individual stop working at Alma until either: (1) they provide evidence from their healthcare provider that it is safe for them to return to work, or (2) Alma deems it safe for the affected individual to return based on up-to-date guidance from public health authorities and if the healthcare system is too backlogged to reasonably request evidence from the individual’s healthcare provider that it is safe for them to return to work.
- Alma will:
- Notify everyone identified as having come in close contact with the individual in the last 14 days,
- Thoroughly sanitize the room(s) used by the affected individual and any other areas the affected individual came into contact with,
- Depending on the number of contacts, consider closing the affected location for 14 days, and
Alma may also contact the local health department to communicate information about COVID-19 outbreaks among employees.
- Alma will not divulge the health status of any named individual, but will communicate to providers, clients, and employees who are likely to have been placed at risk. That communication will not reveal the name of the sick or exposed individual but may include additional details of the potential exposure to provide as much information as possible to those potentially affected so that they may take appropriate actions.